Experiential Learning Enrollment Steps
How to add an experiential learning course:
For Preceptorship, Directed Research, Internship, Independent Study, and/or Honors Thesis.
- Contact the instructor you would like to work with and discuss the scope of the project. Preceptor openings for the upcoming semester are posted in your advising D2L portal.
- For internship (NSC 393/493) your certificate of completion for the FERPA Training for Instructors and Instructional Support Teams must be submitted along with your form.
- Work with your instructor to fill out the form and sign it.
- Preceptors must email the completed form along with their FERPA Training for Instructors and Instructional Support Teams completion certificate.
- Email the completed form to NSW-ExpLearning@arizona.edu.
- You will be notified via email once your enrollment has been processed.
*For NSC 391/491, a screenshot of the completed FERPA Training for Instructors and Instructional Support Teams must be submitted along with your application.
To electronically fill out and sign the form, you will need to download this free Adobe software. If for some reason you or your instructor are unable to sign the form digitally, an email with written approval from your @arizona.edu email address can be used in lieu of a signature.
Experiential Learning Enrollment Deadlines:
Pre-Session (5/15 to 6/3) – May 18, 2023
Five Week I Session (6/5 to 7/6) – June 12, 2023
Five Week II Session (7/10 to 8/9) – July 10, 2023
Seven Week I Session (5/15 to 6/30) – May 24, 2023
Seven Week II Session (7/3 to 8/18) – July 12, 2023
Ten Week Session (6/5 to 8/9) – June 19, 2023
Seven Week I Session (8/21 to 10/11) – August 30, 2023
Regular Academic Session (8/21 to 12/6) – September 13, 2023
Seven Week II Session (10/12 to 12/6) – October 23, 2023
All steps outlined on your form must be completed and submitted to NSW-ExpLearning@arizona.edu before the enrollment deadline listed above to avoid additional steps or issues with enrollment.