Sports Nutrition Minor
EXPLORE YOUR LOVE OF FOOD AND FITNESS!
If you're interested in the growing field of sports nutrition, this minor is a great place to start! Adding the sports nutrition minor gives you a competitive edge in today's job market, whether you want to pursue a career in the field or as an additional set of skills to complement your other studies. Experience with sports nutrition is relevant to many different careers, including dietetics, strength conditioning coaching, professional training, tactical strength and conditioning, physical activity research and education, and athletic coaching at all levels.
The Sports Nutrition minor requires 19 total units and can be completed on campus. Required core courses include:
- NSC 101: Introduction to Human Nutrition
- NSC 315: Sports Nutrition
- NSC 320: Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Health Promotion
- NSC 415R: Advanced Sports Nutrition
- NSC 415L: Advanced Sports Nutrition Lab
Approved elective courses include:
- NSC 311: A Systems Approach to Obesity Prevention
- NSC 376: Bioactive Compounds & Food Additives
- NSC 445: Assessment and Regulation of Human Body Composition
- NSC 497A: Applied Sports Nutrition Workshop
INFORMATION FOR NSC MINORS
Advising appointments for minors are not necessary, as most questions can be answered during walk-in hours or via email. If you still have questions after consulting the requirements online for your catalog year, contact an NSC advisor.
Please include your Student ID number in your email.