WORK WITH US
The mission of the Department of Nutritional Sciences (NSC), College of Agriculture and Life Sciences at the University of Arizona, is to lead in providing cutting-edge research, outstanding undergraduate and graduate instructional programs, and cooperative extension activities that advance the discovery and translation of the roles of nutrition in optimizing health for people in Arizona, the nation, and the world. NSC takes a collaborative and interdisciplinary approach in discovering, integrating, extending, and applying knowledge of nutrition science to promote optimal nutritional status, health, and wellbeing.
The Department of Nutritional Sciences is seeking a full time Assistant Professor of Practice to begin in the fall of 2021. Applicants should have a broad knowledge of nutrition, the impact of diet on health, and the field of nutrition and dietetics.
This career-track appointment is not eligible for tenure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching courses
- Curriculum development and modifications
- Mentoring undergraduate students as needed
- Collaborating with other departments and units across campus
- Establishing new community connections and managing current collaborations
- Serving on appropriate Departmental, College, and University Committees and other areas as assigned
This position is a 90% instruction / 10% service assignment. Teaching responsibilities include both in-person and online courses to primarily undergraduates, with the possibility of graduate teaching, in the following areas:
- Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) courses, such as medical nutrition therapy, lifecycle nutrition, macro- and micronutrients in metabolism, and nutrition education and counseling courses (excluding food and food management courses)
- Introductory nutrition courses, including sections in the general education program for non-science majors
- Master's degree in Nutritional Sciences, or related field (including, but not limited to public health, basic science such as biology, physiology, biochemistry, etc.)
- RDN credential
- A minimum of two years of college-level teaching experience as primary instructor of record
- Doctoral degree in Nutritional Sciences, or related field, as mentioned above
- Experience with UAccess Instructor
- Experience teaching in different modalities, including in-person and online
- Experience with the course management system Desire2Learn (D2L) Experience working with diverse populations
Outstanding benefits include health/dental/life insurance; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for employee and qualified family; state retirement; and more!
Please visit the University of Arizona Career Website to apply or contact Kelly Jackson (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.
We Value Diversity and Inclusion
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff, and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.