Linda Friend, PhD, NDTR
Lecturer | School of Nutritional Sciences and Wellness
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
- Ph.D., Nutrition, University of North Carolina Greensboro
- M.S., Nutrition, Meredith College
- B.S., Botany, North Carolina State University
- Nutrition and Dietetics Technician, Registered
- Perrin MT, Friend LL, Sisk P. Fortified donor human milk frequently does not meet sodium recommendations for the preterm infant. J Pediatr. In press.
- Friend LL, Perrin MT. Methods of mixing donor human milk during bottling results in fat differences between samples within a pool. J Dairy Sci. 2021;104(5):5256-5264.
- Friend LL, Gutierrez dos Santos B, El-Khouri KG, Perrin MT. Method for removing thawed human milk from a plastic storage bag impacts fat retention. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2021;72(2):306-310.
- Friend LL, Perrin MT. Fat and protein variability in donor human milk and associations with milk banking processes. Breastfeed Med. 2020;15(6):370-376.
- Perrin MT, Pawlak R, Dean LL, Christis A, Friend L. A cross-sectional study of fatty acids and brain derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) in human milk from lactating women following vegan, vegetarian, and omnivore diets. Eur J Nutr. 2019;58:2401-2410.